Friday, August 28, 2009

I have a partner in crime

I'm helping my future roommate TL, who I have yet to meet, sign up for match.com also as a joke. I was going to make it my future goal to try to convince him to sign up for my amusement, but he didn't need any coercion at all!

Since he's currently failing to make his own profile based on frustration over "sounding like a tool", I came up with a surefire formula for creating that perfect profile:

say "I am a ......(insert 3 adjectives to describe yourself)
"Friends say I am (2 more)"
"In my free time I like to ...."
"I like to ..(describe all the outdoorsey/workoutish stuff you like to do)"
"(Insert cliche philosophy on life)"

Really, it's not that complicated. Just avoid sounding like a pussy, lazy, a douchebag, a toolbag, someone looking for a second hookup because their girlfriend and FB#1 bores them, lame, unconfident, or boring. Or creepy. Or desperate. DO NOT appear creepy or desperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment