Monday, April 5, 2010

First Day at New Job

me: so, today in a meeting with the managing director (head honcho) and EVERYONE in our section (40 people) this girl was talking about how she came back to the floor (division) after a short stint somewhere else
now as a support position
the MD goes "you just cant stay away from us can you?"
girl: "nope, just like crack"
Beth: oh wow
me: or "its like crack"
it was so innapropriate
but people laughed
MD laughed
AWKWARDLY
Beth: that's good
me: but she wasnt immediately fired
Beth: yay!
me: also
my mentor has like 2 things on his desk/in his office
this is one
Beth: ?
Coors Light?
me: oh yes
unopened/full can
Beth: >
?
me: oh, in the 5 other desks I saw
Beth: I'm confused
me: Corona beer
unopened
Beth: yeah
me: not sure the relevance
Beth: I'm confused
me: or appropriateness
Beth: that doesn't seem very professional
yeah
me: but of the 8 desks I saw, 2 beers.
already got invited to a bar crawl
at 10 am Saturday
these kids know how to party
my mentor won 12 rounds of beerpong this weekend
mentor/semi-boss
also, people take their cell phones to meetings
no heels, all flats
and I heard about 4 curse words today
Sent at 10:59 PM on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment